- Click Enter the 2018 Awards tab and click View the 2018 Categories.
- Complete the login form and submit to view the full list of 2018 categories.
- Select the category or categories you wish to enter. Click on the category and a drop down description of that category will appear
- Each category contains an entry form (word doc) which you will be asked to download and complete (If you wish to enter the same campaign into multiple categories, you may use one entry form - refer to FAQ question 7 for more details)
- The Special Awards categories and Individual Awards have a different entry form, which requires more motivational content to support your entry
- Complete the necessary requirements, attaching any applicable links that can help support your entry
- Once you have completed your entry or entries, they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any large files can also be sent via WeTransfer, DropBox or Google Docs
- Check this FAQ page for more tips on entering
- All work flighted between 1 May 2017 and 31 May 2018 can be entered
- Should you currently be working on a campaign that is due to go live before 13 July 2018 and you wish to enter this campaign, this will also be accepted as it falls within our final entry deadline
- Entries are open to South African agencies, corporate companies, individuals within the marketing and creative industry, and registered students
- Small, Medium and large enterprises, are all welcome
- If you are a corporate company and do not have an agency that helps with your marketing, you are welcome to enter your own internal marketing campaigns, apps or web-sites that you may have developed. You can also put forward your key individual performers for our individual awards
Yes, you can submit a previously entered campaign – just be sure to show any significant changes in the results, reach and coverage that indicates why the entry is different this year.
- Yes, you can enter the same campaign for more than one category
- If you intend to enter a campaign into multiple categories you may use one entry form, provided that you clearly list the different categories 'that you are entering that campaign into. (you can list the categories on the entry form and highlight them)
- Be sure to show a reason as to why that campaign is relevant for each of the categories into which you wish to enter it
- Show measurable results, and provide a motivation; highlight specific results within that campaign that may differ from category to category
- Give the judges a comparison against which to measure the campaign, something that makes the entry stand out across the various categories into which it is entered
- It’s not just a case of copying and pasting the same information across multiple categories. Give it some thought!
The finalists will be announced via email and through a number of media releases at the end of August 2018.
We will announce all of the winners live at the awards gala ceremony, which will be held at The Ballroom, Monte Casino - Johannesburg on the 27th September 2018
- 2018 prices will be uploaded shortly
- Contact email@example.com to book your seats
2018 entry fees are as follows:
- R950.00 per entry per category – Ex VAT (Applies to all Corporate, Agency and On-Line Media & Tools Categories)
- R1,050.00 per entry per category – Ex VAT (Applies to all Special Awards Categories)
Once you have emailed your entries through to firstname.lastname@example.org your invoice will be raised and sent through to you for payment.
Payment method: bank transfer EFT– Our account details are provided on the invoice.
The full list of 2018 judges will be uploaded shortly to our Judges & Sponsors page.
Once all the entries have been received they are divided equally among the judging panel.
- Each judge is responsible for marking a certain number of entries and categories.
- Each entry is marked by a minimum of four judges, which helps to create a fairer weighting across the entries.
- Each entry is marked according to a set of criteria, which can vary from category to category.
- The main seven point criteria that judges mark all work against is as follows:
- Judges will also consider additional criteria specifically tailored for certain other categories - (Example the 'App Development Category' has a different set of criteria)
- Each criteria has a different score value that judges can award it.
- Once the judging is completed, the scores given to each entry are tallied up out of a possible 100 points.
- To become a finalist, entries must score a minimum of 65 points.
- Over and above the finalist benchmark, there are two additional benchmarks in place.
- The highest scoring entry within these two benchmarks determines who wins the Gold and Silver awards.
- If any of our Judges choose to enter work into the awards they will not mark any of the categories that they or their clients have entered into as per previous years.
- 2018 discounted student fee - R685.00 per entry per student - EX VAT
- Payment method: bank transfer EFT – Our account details are provided on the invoice
- Student entries will be judged separately against all other student entries from across the continent
- All student work should be submitted by the school, university or college representitives rather than individual students submitting work directly.